Monday, January 27, 2014

Valentine's Raspberry Marshmallows

I’ve only made them a handful of times, but to me there’s something special about a homemade marshmallow. They remind me of a friend of mine who used to come up with the yummiest flavors and they always turned out so perfectly!


My girls love regular marshmallows and they’re often the most-requested treat around here. I haven’t attempted making many of our favorite store bought snacks from scratch because my gut always tells me it will be a waste of time with my picky eaters... But I’m hoping to change that with a few new recipes I’ve discovered, starting with these sweet, fluffy, gooey marshmallows.

I got my original recipe, after a few Pinterest searches, here. And this is how I tweaked it a bit to work for me: 


I didn’t want to add any unnecessary artificial food coloring but pink Valentine’s marshmallows are NECESSARY so I used half a cup of water and a pint of raspberries and boiled them to break down the berry and get all the great juices out. I strained the juice and pulp through a sieve lined with a coffee filter to keep the tiny seeds out. After cooled, I simply substituted this raspberry juice for the ½ cup of water that the recipe calls for.


Perfectly pale pink and the added antioxidants don’t hurt, either!

P.S. My girls LOVE them!

Enjoy! 
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment