Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Banner That will Change Your Life

How is it really the 6th already? Valentine's day is right around the corner, and I haven't given it the slightest thought as to what to get my hubby. Hopefully we're going easy and cheap this year. Maybe just dinner and a movie will suffice.

Anyway, I whipped up this super easy banner today, dedicated solely to me and my significant other. I honestly feel silly to even call this any sort of tutorial, because it's so easy, but for the sake of blogging I'll act like it's so complex, like you can't even wrap your head around this! First off, just grab some supplies and coffee. I went into this having no clue what I was going to do. As you can see, I didn't end up using half the stuff in this picture.


                                              You will need:  Black Cardstock
                                                                         Twine
                                                                         Old Sheet Music or Scrapbook Paper of your Choice
                                                                         Chalk


Cut out 3 black hearts, and then layer an extra heart on the back with whatever paper you choose. Punch some holes and string your twine through.


Write out you and your hubby's initials on the black hearts. Kindof reminds me of the early days when we actually carved this into a tree. And, now we can't find that tree. Someone must've cut it down. I'm glad our love didn't die the same day that poor tree did.


I hung it in our bedroom across the ole picture frame that is still empty. This banner could really stay up beyond Valentine's Day, considering we are in love and this is our bedroom.


That's it folks. Can't get much easier more amazingly difficult than that!
Should I have showed how to fold paper in half to cut out a heart? Maybe I made this too difficult. E-mail me if you need a better step by step!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment