Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Banner Tutorial

I've decided that the only blessing in taking a dog out to go to the bathroom, is to find out what the weather is like. If it's raining or a blizzard, it's so not a blessing. But this morning, it was a sure fire blessing, when I realized the weather was all kinds of amazingness wrapped into an 8:30 potty break for a dog. It feels like we've finally made it to the other side of winter. That's something to be praised. We made it! We do every year, but this year was especially trying. I feel like we should get a reward of some kind, and I'm not talking about a fancy snow shovel for next year. Think dreamy exotic vacation. Anywho, I'm on a major tangent that must end promptly, so I can get on with my super easy tutorial for you all. 

How about a sunny banner to match this amazing weather today? Let's get started!

Gather up some random scrapbook paper, washi tape, and paper doilies. This is all stuff I had on hand, which made it super fun! Free is always best!


I traced inside the doily there, to get my scrapbook paper the right size. See my pencil lines in there? 


Washi tape from Target dollar bin. Major score! I also cut out polka dot and stripe paper for a little subtle diversity in my banner.


Add a little heart for a little extra kick. Grab some cute string from the same Target dollar bin.


And voila! You've got yourself a banner!



Hang it from your favorite spot and smile the day away!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment