Monday, April 7, 2014

Bangs: The Good, The Ugly, and The Greasy

Happy Monday Ladies! Have you been considering cutting off those long locks in front, but you're nervous that you will regret it? Well hopefully I can give you a little insight that may help sway you one way or the other. 

I finally decided to cut my bangs in the fall of 2012 after looking at numerous fabulous bang pictures on Pinterest. 

At times they were good.


And at other times...not so good.


Pictures like this, are why I am now growing them out.

So, let's talk about the good and the bad.
  • They most definitely give you a certain vibe/style to your look. I loved that about them!
  • Look great with big black framed glasses, even if they are fake.
  • They cover any fine or deep (ah hem) lines in your forehead.
  • Makes a top knot or messy bun look suddenly styled. 



  • If you have thin hair, they may just look too thin and be a little "gappy". This was a major part of my problem. I decided I either needed to grow them out or cut them deeper into my hairline.
  • Upkeep. They will grow quickly when you don't want them to, and when you're growing them out, they'll take decades! It's best to know how to cut them yourself.
  • Pictures. If you do have trouble keeping them styled just right. You will detest most pictures you see of yourself with them. This was the frustrating part for me. I didn't want to hate a picture with a  dear friend, because of my bangs.
  • Grease! Need I say more? I tend to have oily skin, so after a long day out, they looked awful! I do recommend this dry shampoo. Works well and easy on the pocket book.

  • You can't just get up and throw your hair in a pony tail. You will either need to re-wash your bangs in the kitchen sink or throw a hat on. They also look funky with headbands when working out, because you'll have "wings" hanging out the side of the headband.

Now this is all my opinion and every hair type is different. If I didn't have fine, thin hair, I think my story would end very differently. 
(So dramatic...it's just bangs.)

At this point, I'm pinning these bad boys up. I don't love the look, but I think they look a little funky down, because they're still pretty short.


Here's a great article on how to grow your bangs out. There are things you can do, other than what I'm doing. I should really take note!

If you have bangs, I'd love to know how you feel about them.
 Love 'em or hate 'em?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. What's up, yup this paragraph is truly nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning
    blogging. thanks.

    My site Erotic Massage London ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your
    put up is simply great and i could think you are knowledgeable in this subject.
    Well along with your permission let me to clutch your feed to stay updated with
    drawing close post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please keep up the enjoyable
    work.

    Check out my page: gfresh.biz ()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Erin! It is really hard to make the decision to get hairstyles with bangs. It can make or break your look as it is commonly said. I read from an article here http://www.restylepro.com/ that bangs are high-maintenance. And that’s totally true!

    ReplyDelete